We want Upper Arlington to be a place where:
- Everyone in our community – parents, youth, friends, neighbors, teachers, coaches, schools, churches, businesses and community leaders – is committed to standing up for the health and well-being of our young people. Where all are working together to help them become responsible, productive and passionate adults.
- Preventing substance abuse is a priority.
- Help and support are readily available.
We are committed to:
- Fostering a culture where the prevention of substance abuse is a priority.
- Supporting those who choose to stand for a healthy lifestyle free of drugs and alcohol.
- Helping youth, families and caregivers concerned about substance abuse.
- Providing the UA community resources for education, information and inspiration.
WHY WAS THE STAND PROJECT FORMED?
In Ohio and across the U.S., there is growing concern about substance use.
Our community is not immune to this issue and we know that addiction is preventable and treatable. The urgency to address this issue prompted a group of Upper Arlington community leaders to form a coalition focused on the prevention of substance abuse and committed to being a resource for students and families to easily find information, help and support.
This coalition is called The Stand Project.
If you would like to Learn more about The Stand Project
or have a question, please DON'T HESITATE TO connect with us.
If you are experiencing an emergency and need immediate medical attention or psychiatric help,
call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency department.