The Stand Project is proud to present Practical Parenting, an honest, open, interactive conversation for parents of 8th Grade students. Led by licensed Syntero clinicians, Practical Parenting is a safe, informal, and confidential environment where you can openly ask the questions you want answered, like:
- What kinds of substances will my child face at this age?
- Will this change at the High School level?
- If my child is offered drugs, what should I do?
- What kinds of resources are available at the High School for parents/kids?
- What does Homecoming dance look like?
- How do I know if my child is using substances?
- Should I check phone texts or not?
- How do I share information with another parent without “outing” my child?
- How do I have confrontational conversations with my child?
- When should I consider professional help?
WHERE: UAPL (across from Tremont Center) - Little Theater (downstairs)